Monday, December 4, 2017

Mcdonald's Happy Meal Tomica series 2017.(set of four)

MCDONALD'S HAPPY MEAL TOMICA 2017 SERIES
(CLICK THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE [ALL MY PICS DIMENSIONS IS 1000x1000px OR 1920x1080px] POSSIBLE FOR WALLPAPER USE) 

One day, I was just having a whim, that I want to have some burgers, so I go to McDonald's and get some fillet burger. I found out there will be a Tomica series in Happy Meal a few more weeks, so waited the time come and be the fool like others to que up for Happy Meal toys.

Getting first three of the sets was sort of smoothly, because the situation of other series of the Happy Meal was kind of crazy, the Hello Kitty tea pot series, peoples are like getting mad to get those tea sets, they que up like in the midnight 12:00 a.m. for those sets, I think many of them getting the sets was for resell purpose. It is impossible to get Hello Kitty sets after... I think after 2:00 a.m. Whoa...!

A normal Happy Meal collectors like me won't get up that late to que for Happy Meal toys, that is crazy! I remember years ago, Hello Kitty fantasy plush toys series also like this situations, and also previous Hello Kitty Happy Meal toys series. They are mad!! Are they scared to lose?

I was just saying I am getting the first three of the sets smoothly, but I didn't expect the last car of the series was totally out, those collectors/re-seller que up for the last car in the middle of the night? Damn't---! What the heck? How is this a valuable collector item?

And so, I go to the eBay and search for the last car. Just half an hour, I got the most reasonable price one for me, and wait for about 4 days to get the last one, the Mazda MX-5 Miata, the most favorite sports car for those roadster lover.


LOTUS EXIGE R-GT 360 GIF.

Front.

Rear.

Top.

Bottom of R-GT.

Rear engine hood can be opened.

There are some engine details in the engine bay, but it is simply just in grey-ish color plastic.

Nice molding sculpt, this small plastic R-GT look really nice. This is my favorite car in this sets.

Something I always concerned about Tomica's diecast car is the wheels, if Tomica could make better design wheels for the cars, maybe Tomica will get better sales for this line. I like Tomica, and the shape of the wheels is not a problem, but the design... (sigh)
This McD Tomica version wheels looks ok to me, just if all the wheels in this series is apply with stickers, why not making the face of the wheel flat with minor sculpting, more efficient.

The closest related 1/60 die-cast car I could find in my car collections, but not Lotus Seven. (I can't find my Elise and Exige [Hotwheels, Matchbox]...)

Exige R-GT plastic bag design.

Box art of Exige R-GT.

Stickers of this R-GT set. I didn't apply those stickers on the toys, because it isn't looking that good, and the stickers will make it sticky if it fall off after a long time, it will be messy.

TOYOTA FT-86 360 GIF.
(I don't know why it only show Toyota86 on the packaging, suppose to be call FT-86)

Front.

Rear.

Top of the FT-86.

I could say this is the most complicated details in this series. There is a switch to turn on the headlights, yes, this plastic car got lights up feature.

The light up feature works not that good, because of the color of the car, the white color is kind of dim the light, it's hard to see it lights up. Suppose if the car is in the FT-86 featuring orange color it will be working better. (but the GTR and the MX-5 colors is already close to the orange color, it would be weird if all of the cars is red/orange tone)

The sculpt of this 86 is also good, I like it.

It would be better if in other color, maybe I will fill in some lines with gundam markers, hope it look better than this.

Compare to Hotwheels Toyota 2000GT. (one of my most favorite classic sport car)

FT-86 plastic bag packaging.

Box of FT-86.

The worst stickers design on the group, it look really bad if apply those stickers on the car, to be honest, the design is weird, it would be better if the stickers is different style, sport cars suppose to be looking cool.

NISSAN GTR 360 GIF.

Front.

Rear.

Top of the car. The square button on the roof is for popping open the hood.

The most simple chassis design in the sets.

Press the button to pop up the hood and show the new GTR engine.

The engine bay is also in grey-ish color plastic piece.

Whole sculpting is very nice, they brought up the essence of the late GTR design.

There are metallic flakes in the plastic, it look very nice for the color.

Compares to Hotwheels Skyline GT-R32.

Compares to old timer Skyline 2000 GTR race car(Tomica).

GTR plastic packaging.

Box of Nissan GTR.

Some stickers for the grills and intakes, and rear lights too, but whole long piece.

MAZDA MX-5 MIATA ROADSTER (soft top) 360 GIF.


Some paint on the headlights.


The rear end sculpt molding is a bit blur on this MX-5.


Top of the MX-5.


Some details of car chassis.


The black plastic roof is removable, the car will be open top without the roof piece.


There is another layer of windshield under the roof piece.


A lot details in the car, the remove top gimmick is cool, but the removed roof left behind grove on the edge of the cockpit, and it look a bit awkward. This is the only one that have cockpit in the series.


This car is also my favorite roadster of many manufacturers.


The plastic color of the car is darker than the real selected car color, the original color is sort of like deep metallic red, Mazda call it soul red metallic, but this is like burn down red.


Without the roof.


I hope I could own one someday...


Plastic packaging of the MX-5.


Box of this MX-5.


Stickers of MX-5.

Four boxes comparison.

For my best looking-at list, the R-GT should be first, then comes MX-5 and GTR, the last would be FT-86.


But for real car performance, the first it's also the R-GT and then GTR, FT-86 should be more powerful, so, MX-5 is the last. Most looking forward to drive is R-GT, to own one should be MX-5, cheapest and most pleasure to drive car. (I don't think R-GT is a easy-to-drive type race car, due to the narrow cockpit and build for race controls, it will be suffer after half an hour...)


Suggested posts:
My 3D works RX-79Tt
Ogre AN21
KTM RC8

Thank you for watching!

2 comments:

  1. From small cars to big trucks, we tow all your precious belongings from one to another with ease. We carefully do our job thus the vehicle can be moved from one place to another without any worries. ​

    ReplyDelete