Tuesday, October 16, 2018

7 Days To Die - My Base Build Log (w/ youtube video) - Tall Building(apartment unit?).

7 DAYS TO DIE - TALL BUILDING BASE
(CLICK THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE)

This builds is not a true horde defense base, I build it for testing the height and structural integrity experience. Plan for building things that involve with structural integrity of the game, this builds made me learn a lot things in the game.


I heard that the Alpha 17 update will be delay for a time, for some 'reason', so, I think we are stick to the Alpha 16 for now. (I really want the new bike...)


Click below video to see how this building works.

The view of the building up close.

So far, this is the only defense area of the building, the only thing doing damage to the zamzam is the spikes lay around the building.


The 'hot zone' of this base, which is the zamzams all gather here and the player shoot them down from upper level. (I call it hot zone it's because when horde day, the activities in this area is pretty high)


I don't want zombies destroy the building, so, I build it only pillars on the ground floor. Actually I should put spikes on the second layer of the concrete pillars, zombies keep destroying that layer of concrete blocks.

This base is build in the middle of the desert. (damn't hot area)

But there is a town nearby the base, good for looting.

The way to the entrance, and it is the only way. I paint the ladder red, because I thought when in panic, it's a little hard to focus where the way we should run into the building, this is why.

I am still using the hatch as the door, so far this hatch method is still the best way to prevent the zombies to break-in, because zombies won't attack the hatch door.

The lobby of the this building, this is the first floor of the building.

And this is the 'pain room', where the zamzam shooting happen.

Beside the stairs, there is windows on the floor to peek at the hot zone.

Inside the pain room. The iron bars is the floor of this level, guns can shoot trough, the durability of the bar is lesser than the concrete, but so far I haven't have the issue of iron bar break down and fall into the hot zone.

Can see the lower level clearly, very good for shooting the enemies. Will try to modify this area in future renovation.

With indoor and outdoor lighting, outdoor is install with spotlights.

The door in front of the pain room is the door to the lower basement.

Don't worry, I am not some sick psychopath who like to keep peoples in the basement.

I build this base over a pond in the middle of the desert, I want to keep the pond as perfect as original, so I didn't do anything except for building the pillars.

This windows is a way to letting sunlight in and it is a sight for the pond looking from outside.

The stairway to the first floor and upper levels.

This is the first floor, the storage room and the generator room.

The space behind the door, the way to the generator room and storage room.

Nothing much in the generator room, only a working generator sits in it.

The storage room, with 15 storage chest in this room.

The stairway to the third level and the rest of the floors.

The Third floor, this is a cafeteria level.

With tables and chaird ready for meal.

In the night time, it look like this. Not a fancy restaurant, bear with it, haha.

It is shame the bulletproof glass filter all the candle light, it would look even better without so much filtering.

Kitchen is just a simple working cooking area, no other function.

The rest of the level beyond third floor is empty, not occupied.

This is the 9th floor, where the work room and stair to the top floor located.

The door to the left is generator room(independent power source to the top floor, but not really practical), the door to the right is the work room.

The interior of the work room, so far I only put in the workbench and forge, because this base is only build for the experience.

This is the room to the top floor, the door on the left is the stair to lower level, the heavy door on the right is a stairway to top floor.

The stairway to top floor.

The top floor is a hall, it can convert into a penthouse or something else.

There is actually another town on the North of the building.

The closer town on the South West, best place to get resources.

The walkway is actually all glass, cool right? But no worries, it is bulletproof glass, it is a lot harder than normal glass.

The view on the balcony is clear to see all the area the building located.

The hatch door to the roof.

Some great view on the roof.

I made this garden on the roof it's because I want to try is it okay to put farms on the roof this high.

How the building look from far away. (no clip mode)

It is a thin building, if I renovate in the future, I definitely build it thicker. But big base is not a good thing in this game, the bigger the base, the harder to manage it, especially in horde day. If zamzam goes around to the other side of your base when you are fighting on the other side, when they break in, you are screwed, they will destroy your base, and you.

I don't want the building look dull, so I do some special things on the window and the concrete pillars, but on the colors of the building, I still have no idea what color I wanna use.

The T shape windows is just a design to make the building look different, no other meaning. If I really want to do it, I will do the number '7' on the window.

The whole build up on the defense parts is simple, no special design on outlook, maybe will do some upgrades on this part in future?

How the glass balcony look from far away.

After the hordes, the place that suffers the most damage is this pillars, missing one of the concrete block and the spikes on the side, suppose to put spikes on the second row of the concrete block. But the building didn't collapse, because I build it 3 blocks between two pillars, the structural integrity is good on the building.


How it's look in the night time. I really hope the spotlight can illuminate further than this, the building will look even better in the night.

This pic is the pond before I build the building on, the desert sloped down and created this little pond over here. (just my

This is the pic when I build this building, it is around 70% completion when I snap the pic.

I normally parked my bike over the bulletproof glass on the ground level, it actually didn't take damage from the zombies when horde day.

This is one of the annoying things if you lived in the desert... (sigh)


That's all! Thanks for watching!


No comments:

Post a Comment