Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Shigeru Ningyo Do SND-01 Primo Vitalis (aka IDW version Optimus Prime). (third party upgrade kits for CW Optimus Prime)

PRIMO VITALIS, aka OPTIMUS PRIME(IDW)
(CLICK THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE [ALL MY PICS DIMENSIONS IS 1000x1000px OR 1920x1080px])

Click HERE to Combiner War Optimus Prime. 


I am excited to get this upgrade kits for my old CW Optimus Prime/Ultra Prime, I am disappointed with the design of the CW version, fat, too bulky to articulate, look nothing like any version of Optimus Prime, ratchet joint flaws(failed joint, wrong positions, hard to stand nicely, it is a serious problems for an action figure), combining failed(look really awful if not doing something with it).


I know it is retool of Motormaster, but the joints ratchet positions is so weird, and loose, even the Motormaster I got also not solving that problems, especially the hips positions. I did some modification on the hip of Prime, it gets better, hips joint get tighter than normal, works fine on combine mod. But since I got this upgrade kits, my previous mods on the hips joint is wasted, meh, whatever... (one more problems about the screws on Prime, it is a trash, its wear down easily when I do the first mods on the hip)


I never heard of SND before, Shigeru Ningyo Do, I only knew ningyo in Japanese means puppet/figurine. Not confirm is it from Japan or China? I found this upgrade kits month ago, they really done great on the upgrade look of CW Optimus Prime, I really like it, It is my most satisfied looks Optimus Prime now, almost as same like in IDW comics TF Robot In Disguise.

Alt mode 360 GIF.


Top of the truck mode.


The huge blaster can plug on the bed of the truck, but it is very loose.


The blade is also suitable to plug on the peg hole.


The kits didn't change much on the alt mode, it is good for me, I like the truck design.


The length of the truck is a lots different from the original.


After the upgrades, Motormaster became the light weight truck.


It can even puts Motormaster on the bed to tow away. Cool.


Size is a lots different to Ultra Magnus now, UM is weird compares to Prime.


A towing truck towing a towing truck towing a truck...


Compares to Orionvil alt mode.


Side.


Robot mode 360 GIF.

9 inch tall after the upgrades.


Head can turn 360, but it is really tight. (when I unplug the original Prime head in the chest, I accidentally broke the ball joint peg, luckily the new head is not using that bigger ball joint peg, well, I am not putting it back anyway. Yeah, I got space to put Matrix now, hehe.)


Arms articulations is not affected with those armors.


Waist swivel 360, very loose on that area.


Legs articulations not change.


Better articulations than before, but loose joints still not fix.


Chest plate can open, but no Matrix chamber, its only reveal the original chest.


Extend thigh, works and looks good.


Stomach plate and front section of the waist is new parts.


Tiled well, but no backward articulation.


Huge blaster of Optimus Prime, I think this is RiD version, don't remember how it looks in the comic.


The blaster can plug on the blade like Gear Of War style weapon.


Serious attack power!


This short blade part is very nice.


Super huge energy axe for combine mode.


Long blade, it look almost like the Starsaber in TF Prime series.


"Decepticons, come meet your fate and destiny..."


Don't throw away your old weapons, they might be useful to the new weapons.


It could be a alternate weapon attachment, thumbs up!


Ultra Prime 360 GIF.

It is really hard to pose after combine, hips is loose, shoulder is overweight, keep falling backward if I am not putting two 2x4 plates under the heels.

Close up on the Ultra Prime head.


Galaxy Convoy, homage!?


Look like Capt. Hook...


Long Blade.

Signature Optimus Prime axe.

This blaster combinations is very cool.

The blaster is a little small for Ultra Prome.


This combiner will win the war, no doubt.

Gears Of War got chainsaw on the rifle, I got axe on my blaster!

And now, I got huge blade on my blaster!


Compares to Motormaster, like a child now.


Larger than Ultra Magnus, maybe Prime might be size like MP-10?


Compares to third-party Orionvil (same molding as Orion), this should be the design of IDW comics RiD version of Optimus Prime.


Various Optimus Prime comparison.


Line up comparison, I can't put all of my Autobots on the sets, too much!


Combine team.


The modifications make it almost tall like combiners.


Similarities faces. Comparing to Galaxy Convoy.


Superion, Ultra Prime and Menasor.


Compares with Bruticus and Devastator.


"Becareful with you doing on Cybertron, Prime, I am the leader now, not you..."


"Stop your tyranny acts, Galvatron!!"


You can't win against Ultra Prime!


Ultra Prime VS Devastator!


Bye bye, fat Prime, going to plastic surgery operation. Finally I can get rid of this look.


All upgrade parts for the main body.


Three translucent weapons parts, one weapon handle, one huge blaster and one modifying use platform base.


I have to file down the middle part to narrow down the crotch part, it is very loose for the figure to stand up.


I loosen the pin before, not really a hard job this time, but it is a pain in the AXX to put it back on, the huge crotch plate seems not fit to the new parts, kind of forcing the pin into the parts. Better use a stainless steel rod (can fits right through the hole smoothly) and hammer to do the job, hammer it slowly, it will do the job with the platform base the kits include.


I can't force the feet onto the leg, I file a bit on the edge, it do the job.


Thigh mods completed, this look good without the rest on the parts, its means the original legs is too short.


Whats left over, and extra two screw not in the picture, I probably should use all of it.


Related posts:

HARDHEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment